Feet and legs are the most commonly injured area for people participating in running and sports. We know first-hand the frustration of injuries that keep you from working towards your health and fitness goals and we recognise the importance of minimising injury risk in the uninjured sports person.
Our Sports Podiatry services aim to minimise injury risk, improve physical performance and optimise rehabilitation and recovery. We want you to be the most robust version of yourself.
Are you at risk of injury?
Sporting activities that involve walking, running, leaping or jumping put greater physical demands on your body, especially your feet.
We can help minimise injury risk and optimise rehabilitation by…
- Performing a Functional Biomechanical Assessment– Walking and Running Analysis
- Assessing and recommending appropriate footwear for you
- Assessing and managing your training loads
- Diagnosing any underlying foot or leg conditions
- Formulating individualised Strength and Rehabilitation plans
- Prescribing Orthotics where necessary
- Providing Gait retraining and coaching
As with most things in life, it is better to be proactive rather than reactive when it comes to sporting injuries. We are able to put into place preventative care and performance plans to prepare your body for the forces and loads which you will put through it and reduce the risk of developing any injuries whilst aiming to improve performance.
Types of sports-related injuries
There are a multitude of foot and leg conditions that can impact your health and performance. If you have incurred a foot, ankle or knee injury, Performance Podiatry has the experience and resources to help.
Types of sports-related injuries that we treat (but are not limited to) include:
- Heel pain – Heel Spurs, Plantar Fasciitis, Fat Pad Syndrome, Fractures, Nerve irritation
- Ball of the foot pain – Mortons Neuroma, Metatarsalgia
- Big toe joint pain – Osteoarthritis, Bunions, Bursitis, Sesamoiditis
- Ankle Pain – Ankle Sprains, Tendinitis, Avulsion Fractures
- Achilles Tendon pain
- Calf muscle tightness and Calf muscle strain
- Knee pain – Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Hip and Lower Back Pain
- Spinal Problems
The team at Performance Podiatry look forward to helping you achieve your sporting goals. Take the first step and book online now.