by  in Foot Health

Dry, cracked skin and how to beat it this Winter

With Winter fast approaching many people will start to notice their skin becoming dry. Many parts of the body can be affected, such as with dandruff, chapped lips, eczema and dry patches. To a podiatrist the most common complaints are callouses and dry, cracked skin on the feet – namely the heels. Before we discuss why it is important to

Continue

Laura RabjohnsDry, cracked skin and how to beat it this Winter

by  in Foot Health

Why is my Heel Pain back

Have you been stretching, rolling, icing and massaging your heel pain away only to find that the moment you stop doing this, it returns? We have been listening to you and would like to use this blog to address the reasons why it is so difficult to get rid of that painful heel. In this blog we will be referring

Continue

Laura RabjohnsWhy is my Heel Pain back

by  in Foot Health

Childrens Feet Blog 1: Shoes

Once you are a parent you start to notice every little thing about your child. You notice their eating habits, methods of communicating, how quickly they are growing and when they are becoming unwell. Parents also often notice when something is not quite right developmentally, even if they cannot put their finger on it. Over the next 6 months we

Continue

Laura RabjohnsChildrens Feet Blog 1: Shoes

by  in Foot Health

The 3 Most Common City 2 Surf Foot & Leg Injuries

Congratulations to all City 2 Surf runners and walkers from Performance Podiatry Sydney. We hope that with the correct preparation, injuries were able to be minimised and fun maximised. The week prior to City 2 Surf is always busy at Performance Podiatry Sydney, with athletes and amateurs alike getting all of the information they need to make best judgements about

Continue

Laura RabjohnsThe 3 Most Common City 2 Surf Foot & Leg Injuries

by  in Foot Health

Shockwave Therapy to Treat Heel Pain and Plantar Fasciitis

Plantar Fasciitis is overwhelmingly the most common musculoskeletal injury that presents at Performance Podiatry Sydney. It ranges from a mild to a debilitating form of heel, arch, or forefoot pain. In previous blogs we have visited foot arch pain, the most common causes of heel pain, and the difference between heel spurs and plantar fasciitis. This blog is aimed at

Continue

Laura RabjohnsShockwave Therapy to Treat Heel Pain and Plantar Fasciitis

by  in Foot Health

6 Fun Facts about Foot Neuromas

Fact # 1: Mortons Neuroma is the name given to a neuroma located between the 3rd and 4th metatarsals. 75% of isolated neuromas occur here, while in the case of multiple neuromas, nearly 100% involve a Mortons neuroma. Fact # 2: 65% of foot neuroma’s occur as an isolated, single neuroma. The remaining 35% of cases involve multiple nerves. Fact

Continue

Laura Rabjohns6 Fun Facts about Foot Neuromas

by  in Foot Health

The difference between Heel Spurs and Plantar Fasciitis

Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the plantar fascia, a fibrous band that runs across the sole of the foot. Heel spurs are soft deposits of calcium that appear when the plantar fascia has been under constant strain. The plantar fascia attaches to the heel bone and the front of the foot, and acts to support the arch of the

Continue

Laura RabjohnsThe difference between Heel Spurs and Plantar Fasciitis

by  in Foot Health

High Heels: At what cost to our feet

I have a confession to make. I am a podiatrist and I love to wear high heels. This is a pod101 no-no. Wearing high heels can cause reversible and irreversible damage to the feet, legs and spine. As Christian Louboutin honestly stated- “high heels are pleasure with pain”. High heels come at a cost. So is all of that leg-lengthening, butt-lifting

Continue

Laura RabjohnsHigh Heels: At what cost to our feet

by  in Foot Health

What are the signs to look out for when diagnosing a Mortons Neuroma

A Mortons neuroma is a nerve entrapment syndrome of the foot. It occurs when prolonged irritation of the nerve causes thickening and sometimes scarring. It most commonly occurs between the 2-3 or 3-4 metatarsal spaces (see right). Foot neuromas are commonly misdiagnosed for other musculoskeletal conditions such as bursitis, arthritis, sesamoiditis and tarsal tunnel syndrome. For effective treatment, the clinician

Continue

Laura RabjohnsWhat are the signs to look out for when diagnosing a Mortons Neuroma

by  in Foot Health

Sesamoiditis: A cause of big toe joint pain

Sesamoiditis is a painful condition affecting the bottom of the big toe joint. The sesamoids are two small bones that are embedded in the tendon that runs along the sole of the foot into the big toe. Their role is to lever the weight of the body over the big toe joint during the walking cycle. Essentially they are a

Continue

Laura RabjohnsSesamoiditis: A cause of big toe joint pain

Showing 1–10 of 20 results